at the Polk County Fairgrounds
Sat, Feb 24th, 2018
Sun, Feb 25th, 2018
This is an exciting time in Agriculture with the resurgence of the Family Farm and Saturday Markets, it is reminiscent of the family Truck Farms of the 1940’s. It is the perfect time to reconnect rural and urban life through an event that will both promote small farms and be fun and educational for kids. The Mid-Valley Winter Ag Fest will do just that.
The Mid-Valley Winter Ag Fest will give Saturday Market Vendors and Local Farms a place to sell food and hand-crafted products in winter, to reconnect with their summer customers. The show is early enough in the season for folks to purchase their early stock, diversify existing stock, place orders and make connections with local vendors for future purchases.
The Polk County Fairgrounds will be open to 4-H, F.F.A. and other interested youth organizations to host self-directed events relevant to them and promote fundraising activities. Local 4-H/Extension will host a number of fun events and contests.
Family Friendly Events:
– Local 4-H Petting Zoo presented by Old Mill Feed & Garden (Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
– Free Face Painting presented by Les Schwab
– Animal Balloons from J. J. Entertainment
– NW “G” Train Display – Complete Saw Mill
– 4-H Horse Club
– Check Antique Farm Equipment from Antique Powerland
– Introduce your entire family to the wonderful Polk County Museum and Historical Society
– Climb on an authentic Covered Wagon brought by Yamhill Historical Society
– Discover link between local Farms and your Dinner Table
– Outdoor Dutch oven Cooking (Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
– Check out relevant Seminars on Agriculture
– Shop Treasures from Artisan Vendors
– Buy early plants for your garden
– Meet folks from your local Farmer’s Markets
Some Of Our Proud Partners